USING NANOPARTICLES TO DECREASE DIFFERENTIAL PIPE STICKING AND ITS FEASIBILITY IN IRANIAN OIL FIELDS
This paper presents new method to prevent stuck pipe or at least to decrease its probability while drilling of oil and gas wells. This method which is applicable in both vertical and deviated wells incorporates using nanoparticles in drilling mud composition to decrease mud cake thickness. So by having less mud cake thickness, probability of stuck pipe decreases. Also different mechanisms of stuck pipe in Ahwaz and Abb-Taymoor oil fields are considered and new approach is suggested to use, while drilling of most sensitive formations respect to stuck pipe in these oil fields.
- Sugar Land Learning Center, " Stuck Pipe Prevention Self-Learning Course", December 1999.
- Petroleum University of Technology, "Prediction of Stuck Pipe in Iran Using Multivariate Statistical Analysis", Thesis of MSc degree, Seyed Alireza Shoraka, Ahwaz, 2001.
- Petroleum University of Technology, "Stuck Pipe Prediction Using Artificial Neural Networks", Thesis of BSc degree, Foroud Karimi, Ahwaz, 2006.
- Jerry J.Rayborn, Franklintown, La.; J.Phillip Dickerson, McComb, Miss. "Method of making a drilling fluid containing carbon black in a dispersed state". Sun Drilling Products Corporation, Belle Chasse, La. 1992.
- University of Oxford, "Physical & Theoretical Chemistry Laboratory", http:// http://www.pcl.ox.ac.uk/
- Abouzar Mirzaei Paiaman and M.K. Ghassem Al-Askari, "Designing Drilling Fluid Containing Carbon Black Particles to Overcome Problems of Gachsaran Formation While Drilling", Second National Iranian Congress of Petroleum Engineering, Ahwaz, 2008.