FEATURES OF FLOWVISION AND ANSYS SOFTWARE’S COMBINED USE FOR THE DETERMINATION OFSTRESS CONDITIONS IN OIL TANKS
During operation of vertical cylindrical tanks for storage of oil and oil products significant quantities of compacted sediments can be formed and accumulated. As a result, tank useful capacity, tank farm turnover are reduced, oil storage cost is increased due to the necessity to put tanks out of operation and perform their cleaning. There are methods of cost reduction in case of timely removal of forming sediments by using, for example, various screw-type devices.
In order to determine deformed condition of the tanks during washout and mixing of sediments with movable oil jet produced by operation of the screw-type devices, flowvision and ansys software systems were applied. The article describes some features of solving the task.
- Konovalov N.I., Mustafin F.M., Korobkov G.E., Akhiyarov R.A., Lukyanova I.E. Equipment of tanks: tutorial for high school // – 2nd edition, revised and supplemented - Ufa: DesignPoligraphService, 2005. –214 pages.
- Galiakbarov V.F., Salikhova Y.R. Calculation of hydrodynamic characteristics of oil product mixing process in tanks. // Oil and Gas Business Journal, 2003. – http//www.ogbus.ru/authors/Galiakbarov/Galiakbarov_1.pdf (in Russian).
- Lukyanova I.E., Shmelev V.V. Methodical issues of constructing models in FlowVision for comprehensive study of processes of removing sediments in oil tanks. // World community: problems and ways of solution: Collected scientific articles - Ufa, UGNTU, 2005. – No.18. – pages 25-37.
- Procedure for prevention of formation and removal of bottom sediments from tanks. Guidelines. РД 153-39.4-057-00. Moscow. 2000.-22 pages.
- Lukyanova I.E. Impact of additional loads on stressedly-deformed condition of vertical steel tanks // World community: problems and ways of solution: Collected scientific articles - Ufa, UGNTU, 2004. –No.15. – pages 74-78.